Eating healthy can be difficult, especially when you’re working with a busy schedule. For most of us, our workweek consists of rushing to the office after dropping off the kids, running through the most convenient eat spot for lunch, praying we make it to the extracurricular event that our child is involved with, and eventually rushing home to try and decide how to cook dinner for the family.
Although this hectic schedule rings truth for us all, there is a simple and healthy recipe that everyone can enjoy. And the best part, you don’t have to be an amazing cook to accomplish this dinner.
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 white onion
- 8 oz. of sliced or whole mushroom
- ½ head of cabbage
- ½ cup of water
- Cut your chicken breasts into small strips or bites.
- Cut your cabbage, onion, and mushrooms, if needed.
- Lightly oil your pan and heat to a medium level.
- Add your chicken and constantly stir until done.
- Add your mushrooms, be sure to allow them enough time to sweat. You’ll notice they become tender when they are ready.
- Add your cabbage to the mix and sautéing until the cabbage reaches a tender to crispy texture, then add your onion. Be sure constantly stir your onion slices until it has reached the point of your preference.
- Add seasoning such as soy sauce or a flavorful Thai sauce. This is a chance for you to make your meal creative and crafted just for your family. Make sure you stir the seasoning in order for it to be applied to the entire dish. (As a recommendation, try a dash of ground ginger and garlic powder.)
- Wait 5 minutes and serve.
Benefits of this Dinner
Many people don’t realize this, but cabbage is a great source of vitamin C. You will also be surprised to know that it contains more vitamin C than oranges. It’s also a great opportunity to fuel up on fiber, which alleviates a lot of symptoms of constipation and other intestinal ailments. Cabbage has also been known to contain glutamine, a strong anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce inflammations such as skin disorders, allergies, fever, and even join pain.
Cabbage is also recommended for people seeking weight loss. Since it’s pretty much a super food it leaves us feeling full and satisfied without having to feel back about the caloric intake.
Another great aspect of this meal is that it calls for chicken. Chicken is a great source of protein and helps satisfy our hunger like the cabbage, but it also is rich in other vitamins and minerals. For instance, chicken contains B vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin A, potassium, and sodium.
Chicken has been known to help people lose weight when on a high protein diet.
It’s also been helpful in the control of your blood pressure.
Although many diets are suggesting vegetarian alternatives, chicken can still be a great option, especially when the chicken is organic.
This meal is a great opportunity to fuel the family with a flavorful dish full of nutrients. This meal should take no more than 40 minutes from start to finish, which means for time for you to free up your evening.
Be sure to share your experience with us by sending a photo or story to be featured. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org